Vigorous Blog

Hi. I'm a student at KANSAI foreign language university in Japan. I'm majoring in English. This blog is a part of my homework. I wanna get along with you! Shall we talk together for a while??

Monday, September 05, 2005

Homestay in Canada


I had a really good time in Canada.

I went to the school. The class were something like IES class. We students often talked and interviewed each other in class. I made friends with lots of overseas students. They came from Taiwan, Italy, Saudi Arabia, France, Mexico, Russia, Germany, Brazil, etc. Wow, wonderful!! They were able to speak English much better than me though we were in same level class... Actually, I was shocked about the fact... Ohh, Japanese!!(not all) What's going on!!
My host family was very kind. They spoke slowly, and mom often washed my clothes and clean my room. I and mom often talked over a cup of tea and cookies at night:)
Also, I had a roommate who was a French guy, Simon. He came to Canada to study English, too. We often go out together and had a good time.
When I went to the nightclub, called "Foam Party", for the first time in my life, I was bouncing around in a trance and I plunged into the mountain of foam that was being made by special machines. I got soaked to the skin eventually... Anyway, it was so fun!
I also had a lot of culture shock. I thought.. "How convenient Japan is!" though this is a prejudice. Now I'm glad to learn something new from this experiences.
To be honest, I didn't want to go back to Japan. My stay for two weeks was tooooo short! But I was able to have a really good time even for only two weeks.
Thanks, my friends! Thanks, my host family! Thanks, Canada!

You can see lots of photos. Click
HERE

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, September 05, 2005, Blogger cj said...

I enjoyed reading your blog! You seem to really be enjoying life and new experiences. It's funny how where you live seems so exotic and fascinating to me and I guess where I live (Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.) may seem exotic to you. I am a teacher and many of my students have come from Japan, China, India and Russia. It's wonderful to have so many different cultures together and to hear so many languages in the hallways. I have only been to Japan briefly, just overnight when flying to Taiwan. I always wished I could stay longer and see everything.
Good luck with your studies!

 
At 6:12 PM, September 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem to had a really good time in there!!!
what i did in this summer was getting a driver's licence!!1
its so good to be able to drive a car!!!

 
At 1:13 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Yuichi said...

Looks like you enjoyed your first trip to abroad! I could see that you had a fun time staying with the overseas students from your pictures. Your story really made me want to go abroad!
So, which do you like the best? Japan or Camada?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home