Vigorous Blog

Hi. I'm a student at KANSAI foreign language university in Japan. I'm majoring in English. This blog is a part of my homework. I wanna get along with you! Shall we talk together for a while??

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Way of Asking Questions

The way of asking questions in Japan is not so different from the American way. I would like to contrast men’s way with women’s way in my family.
My father is taciturn and he rarely asks me questions, even if I got back from Canada trip this summer vacation. All he said to me is, “ Don’t spend too much money. Make some foreign friends in Japan. That is the cheapest way.” That’s it. He didn’t ask me anything, though he gave me much money so that I can go to Canada. He seemed to be indifferent to me, but I felt comfortable to his way since I’m also a man who rarely asks questions.
However, my mother and grandmother asked me boring and annoying questions after I came back from Canada. My mother asked “Did you return home safety?” I nodded slightly and thought “You can’t understand such a thing though you are seeing me?” “What were you called by your host mother?” my mother asked again. “What?!” I answered “Aki...” She and my grand mother started to laugh at my answer. I was looking down thinking they are idiot. I was tired of answering their questions and went off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home