Vigorous Blog

Hi. I'm a student at KANSAI foreign language university in Japan. I'm majoring in English. This blog is a part of my homework. I wanna get along with you! Shall we talk together for a while??

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Intelligence Inventory 2

Do you think intelligence is fixed at birth, or is it constantly changing?

I think it is fixed at birth. I think intelligence is a kind of abilities of think, memorize, express, describe and so on, and these are impossible to improve. Even if we study hard, what we can get is not intelligence but just knowledge and information. Someone, who is what we called "genius", have much higher intelligence in particular field from their birth than ordinary people. It can be art, literature, mathematics, etc. We ordinary people can never keep up with such geniuses in the field even if we try hard, I believe.
Why is society interested in your intelligence and schooling?
Because prosperous society depends on our intelligence. Technologists can make the world convenient, scientists can predict disasters, economists can control money throughout countries, politicians can control the nation, mathematicians can figure complecated numerical formulas, chemists can make new fuels, doctors can save our life, and so on. Thus highly intelligent people can do something great for society. That's why society needs intelligence talents, I think. Therefore there is compulsory educations, and highly intelligent people can grant scholarships with hopes.
Why do some highly intelligent people fail to achieve their potential?
Before answering this question, I want to ask the questioner how you know there are highly intelligent people who fail to achieve their potential. There might be no people who fail to achieve their potential. Anyway, if so, here is my answer. It is because they don't try various things or they have no chances to do various things that they fail to do it. I mean if someone who have talent for sing don't sing songs, they could not recognize their talent. I think school education helps us to find our own talents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home