Vigorous Blog

Hi. I'm a student at KANSAI foreign language university in Japan. I'm majoring in English. This blog is a part of my homework. I wanna get along with you! Shall we talk together for a while??

Thursday, November 17, 2005

"No, thank you." in Japanese

Positive : iie kekkoudesu
Neutral : irimasen or iidesu
Negative : iranai or iran
Terrible : iruka!!!

#We Japanese use the positive way while we're talking to interviewers or someone who is higher position to show them that we're intelligent and well-educated.
#When we use the neutral way, the objects should be strangers, acquaintances, our teachers or fellow workers. But, "iidesu" sometimes means the opposite meaning. It's interesting, isn't it? So I recommend you to use "irimasen" unless you can pronounce "iidesu" well.
#The negative way is rude for people I mentioned on the neutral part, but it's popular among our familiar friends or family. So don't hesitate! If you use the neutral way with your friends, it can be a joke, or sometimes your friend would think "I'm not your friend??;("
#Here is a terrible-way part!! "iruka!!!!" is used with big voice when we're really irritated with someone. However this also can be a joke if we say it to your friend with smile:)
I will be happy if you can use them well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home